Sunday, May 15, 2011

Aspotatoragus Cream soup

Okay so I made up that name.

It's a beautiful asparagus and potato cream soup made within 15 minutes.

We were rushing out to our chiropractor and I needed to pack Arnav's (he is 9 months old now) food since we were going to eat our lunch out. I knew that I didn't have to worry about carbs since he could munch on some pasta at the restaurant. So I decided to make a yummy soup for his lunch.

Needless to say he loved it so much that before I could dip the spoon in the soup he'd open his mouth and ask for more.

I am just not fast enough for him.

Ingredients
4 sticks of asparagus; 1/4 of any potato; salt to taste; garlic powder; butter; milk; cream; whole white peppercorn

Cooking
Boil the asparagus and potatoes for 10 minutes after chopping/dicing them up roughly. I used the end stalks for flavor. Since these tend to be tough I remove them at the end before blending my soup.

Add a dash of garlic; hand ground whole white peppercorn; salt; butter; cream; milk

Now just let it cook in very low heat. Once the spices and flavors have infused let it cool before blending it all up with a hand blender.








No comments:

Post a Comment